What is Otokylä Ry?
Otokylä Ry is a student housing provider which rents out flats mainly for students of the Oulu University of Applied Sciences. Otokylä Ry offers housing for around 600 students; mainly one- or two-room flats, but also some shared two-room flats and a few three-room flats. The flats are located in Höyhtyä, Kontinkangas, Kaukovaino and Intiö.
At the office of Otokylä Ry, you can take care of all matters related to applying for housing, as well as living in one of Otokylä Ry’s flats. The office is open on Monday and Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Wednesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. On summer Fridays (from 1st of June to 15th of August), the office is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The office is situated at street level in the low building between buildings A and B. The address is Otokuja 2, the entrance is from the side of building B.
Otokylä Ry’s office employs three people. Juha Rahkola is the Executive Director.
- Executive Director: (08) 332 671
- Housing office: (08) 332 672, 040-594 2672
- Email: toimisto(at)otokyla.fi
Instructions on applying for housing
You can file your application at here (the form is in Finnish).
- All tenants must pay an advance security deposit, which will be returned when the tenancy agreement expires, in accordance with the terms of the agreement.
- We will let you know in person when we have a flat for you, and then schedule an appointment for drawing up a tenancy agreement.
The flats are unfurnished. The rent includes Internet access and the use of a laundry room.